Well, thanks to the help of some instructions and code I found on line cleverly named “JMR-PI“, I now have JMRI up and running on my Raspberry Pi. Truth be told, it really didn’t take much effort on my part. All I had to do was follow the instructions¬†Matthew Macdonald-Wallace put up on the GitHub repository. If I am able to make any additions to contributions to the project, I will also put them up online.

But, now that JMRI is up and operational, I need to work on the Pi to track interface, be it SPROG or Digtrax PR3 or whatever. No reason to delay and no time to waste.

JMRI on Raspberry

Oh, also just a quick not that I did purchase a case for my Pi. I just can’t stand to have it sitting out all nekkid-like. I don’t know if this will be its permanent home, but it was cheap and also came with some heat sinks for the main chips.

Raspberry Pi Case

I got it off eBay for less than $9 including the case, heat sinks, and shipping. Can’t beat that even if I don’t end up using it for anything more than initial protection and prototyping.