Note: Bold Dates = Registration for even is already done and confirmed
- January 26 – Charlie Post 5k (11:57 minute mile)
- February – none
- March 13 – Catch the Leprechaun 5k (11:12 minute mile)
- April 13 – Match to Marrow 5k (just over 10 minute mile)
- May – Traveled to Europe to the Baltic, walked a ton there and ran on treadmill on cruise ship
- June – none, anniversary camping traveling (hike a bit while camping). Hit 365 days (1 year!) on June 9th!
- July – General training while trying not to die from the heat. This is also the month of foot surgery and my birthday! Made it to just over 400 consecutive days of 10,000 steps per day. Then … reset by surgery.
- August – Get back into training after surgery and hide from the heat.
Training note: My goal is to walk or run at least 10,000 steps per day. On days that I don’t run, I still normally walk 3 to 4 miles in the morning. Then the rest of the 10K steps are made up throughout the day.
- September – No races.
Training: run 3 days a week. Goal is to get to 10 minutes or under per mile for at least at 3 miles. (Total 9 miles per week)
- October 12 – Avondale 5k (Result = 29:52.2 elapsed, 9:33/mile)
Training: start running 3 miles per run 2 times per week, 4 miles on one run. (Total 10 miles per week)
- November 16 – Bohicket 5K (Result = 30:36.95 elapsed, 9:53/mile)
Crap! I went slower. OK, so the weather was bad – cold and rainy – but still, I got worse. Maybe because I wasn’t training like I should have been? And maybe because I hadn’t been watching my diet? Whatever the reason, I have to do better for the Cocoa Cup.
Training: start running 4 miles per run, 2 times per week, 3 miles on one run. (Total 11 miles per week)
- December 21 – Cocoa Cup 5k
Training: Run 4 miles per run, 3 times per week. (Total 12 miles per week)
- January 25 – Charlie Post 5k ?
Training: start running 4 miles per run, 2 times per week and then 5 miles on one run. Total of 3 days per week running. (total 13 miles per week)
- February – Not sure of what race to do yet …
Training: start running 4 miles per run, 2 times per week and then 6 miles on one run. Total of 3 days per week running. (Total 14 miles per week)
- March 21 – True to the Brew 10k
Training: Keep running 4 miles per run, 2 times per week and then 6 miles on one run. Total of 3 days per week running. (Total 14 miles per week)
- April –
- May –
- June –
- July – Easy training and hide from the heat
- August – Easy training and hide from the heat
- September –
- October –
- November –
- December –