I do not always have this much technology on my desk, but often times I do. This particular setup was due to the fact that I was doing a telephone interview with the Gullah Geechee News, immediately followed by administrating a webinar on WordPress for the Palmetto Technology Hub. At the same time I need to keep tabs on my email in case anything with those two events came up, and I needed to be able to quickly look up information on the web without disturbing the recording of the webinar. Whew!
What you see in the picture….
- MacBook computer. This is one of the earlier models before they were renamed to “MacBook Pro”. It has been upgraded to 4 gig of memory and a 500 gig harddrive. I love this machine! You can see the control panel for the webinar on screen.
- Dell 20″ monitor. External monitor hooked to the MacBook both so I have dual screens and to help my bad eyes. This is where the actual webinar is running and being captured by ScreenFlow.
- Apple iPad. I was using this to check my email and look up web references. The screen up that you see in the picture is Twitter, where I was doing some tweeting about the webinar. Trying to build excitement!
- LG Ally Android phone. I know, what is an Apple fan doing with an Android phone? Well, when I got it Verizon had yet to get the iPhone, and I needed to be on Verizon. The phone is there because I had just gotten off the phone interview mentioned above and, I will admit it, a friend was sending me text messages.
- Snowball USB microphone by Blue. This is the fantastic microphone that I use for podcasting and other quality vocal recordings.
- Apple external keyboard. This is what I used for the MacBook when it is up in its raised stand. I also have one of the newer aluminum bluetooth keyboards, but I carry it in my bag to use with the iPad. I find this older style keyboard much more comfortable for long periods of typing at my desk.
- Logitech cordless mouse. Gotta have a mouse! Actually I prefer trackballs, but my kids lost the ball out of mine. You can insert your own joke here. Until I find a new trackball I like, or the ball for my existing one, it is the mouse for me. And yes, that is a MINI mouse pad.
- Backup harddrive. Not the cup, the cup is #9. The backup harddrive is a 1 terabyte drive that I use via TimeMachine with my Mac to do onsite backup. I also do offsite backup with Mozy, DropBox and Zumo. Yes, I am a doubly redundant person.
- Diet Coke. You have to have a drink if you are going to be sitting at the computer for a long time, right? And the insulated mug keeps it cooler longer. Yes, it is a Disney World mug – one that you would buy and get unlimited free refills. They lost money on me. At least with the drinks.
- Body glove earphones with microphone. These are what I use with my cell phone. I really don’t like wearing one of those little bluetooth earpieces, and a lot of times I actually listen to podcasts and such with my phone. The nice thing is these work with my phone, my iPod and my iPad. I use the with my iPad for Skype occasionally.
- Well, there actually isn’t a number by it, but if you look closely you will see the little MGB car model on the desk near the microphone. I have to keep my toys close at hand.
So, what’s on your desk?