Note: Bold Dates = Registration for even is already done and confirmed
- December 15 – Cocoa Cup 5k (Result = 46:24 elapsed, 14:55/mile)
- January 26 – Charlie Post 5k (11:57 minute mile)
- February – none
- March 13 – Catch the Leprechaun 5k (11:12 minute mile)
- April 13 – Match to Marrow 5k (just over 10 minute mile)
- May – Traveled to Europe to the Baltic, walked a ton there and ran on treadmill on cruise ship
- June – none, anniversary camping traveling (hike a bit while camping). Hit 365 days (1 year!) on June 9th!
- July – General training while trying not to die from the heat. This is also the month of foot surgery and my birthday! Made it to just over 400 consecutive days of 10,000 steps per day. Then … reset by surgery.
- August – Get back into training after surgery and hide from the heat.
Training note: My goal is to walk or run at least 10,000 steps per day. On days that I don’t run, I still normally walk 3 to 4 miles in the morning. Then the rest of the 10K steps are made up throughout the day.
- September – No races.
- October 12 – Avondale 5k (Result = 29:52.2 elapsed, 9:33/mile)
- November 16 – Bohicket 5K (Result = 30:36.95 elapsed, 9:53/mile)
Crap! I went slower. OK, so the weather was bad – cold and rainy – but still, I got worse. Maybe because I wasn’t training like I should have been? And maybe because I hadn’t been watching my diet? Whatever the reason, I have to do better for the Cocoa Cup.
- December 21 – Cocoa Cup 5k (Result = 31:06.18 elapsed, 10:01/mile)
And slower still. This is going the wrong direction. I must get back to training and eating correctly. If I don’t, I will be back where I started.
- January 25 – Charlie Post 5k (Result = 30:21.1 elapsed, 9:47/mile) Better! Especially considering … and if I hadn’t stopped to pickup my hat it would have been a lot better. 😉
- February – Not sure of what race to do yet … if any
- March – Not sure of what race to do yet … if any, since 2 in april
- April 4 – True to the Brew 10k (Moved from March 21)
- April 9 – iFiveK in North Charleston
- May –
- June –
- July – Easy training and hide from the heat
- August – Easy training and hide from the heat
- September –
- October –
- November –
- December –